Sunday, July 19, 2020

Subaru - Pull Mist Lever Not Working

On Day 2 of owning the 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X I was presented with yet another mysterious situation...the windshield wiper fluid didn't seem to be working! 

When it comes to my 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander, when I pull back on the wiper control arm, the wiper juice pump(s) kick in, juice sprays on the windshield and the wipers move. 



Not so with the Subaru!  When I pulled back on the wiper arm, the wiper blades started moving...but there was no way I could get it to spray any juice, even though the control arm is clearly marked "Pull Mist" - whatever that means!

So I went about isolating the problem - which ended up being between my ears! 



This video details my deductive process to finally figure out how to get juice on the front windshield - a solution I finally reached - but one that was (clearly) non-intuitive!

I can only conclude that it must be extremely foggy in Japan.  That's the only reason I can determine to have a wiper mode in a car that actuates the wiper blades to cycle once...and emit no juice!

N.B.:  If you want juice, just push the button on the end of the wiper stem.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment