Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Subaru Headlight Yellowing Fix

I recently bought the Blue Fox (a 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5x @ 200K km) to help me work on a house I am rehabbing in Canada.  The car, being 15 years old, has a multitude of little (and some not so little) problems that are common for a vehicle of this age.

One of the more common problems with a vehicle that is more than a decade old is yellowed headlights.  Not only are they unsightly, yellow headlights are not as good at throwing light down the road as they should be posing somewhat of a safety risk.

Fortunately, fixing yellowed headlights is pretty simple.  Just buy some BRASSO and polish the yellow off!  In this case I bought a polishing/buffing kit for my drill, but you can just use elbow grease if you don't feel like spending any more than the minimum.

After an hour (in my case) the headlight looked great, and then I applied some Castor Oil to the plastic headlights - and the plastic bumper too!

It all turned out great - and you can do this too!\


No comments:

Post a Comment