Thursday, December 26, 2019

Wireless Microphone Packaging HACK!

When I recorded the unboxing video of the NASUM Wireless Microphone, I noticed that the packaging was NO GOOD!  Here's why:

The instructions take pains to point out THREE very important points under the a heading entitled ATTENTION:

1) There are 32 channels
2) DO NOT BEND THE ANTENNAS
3) Do not take the microphones apart without technical support

I found instruction #2 to be very strange!

Why?  Because BOTH the Transmitter and the Receiver ship from the vendor with their antennas bent at ninety degrees!  Either the person who wrote the instructions don't know what they are talking about, or (more likely) whoever designed the packaging for this product never read the instructions and don't understand how antennas work!

Anyways, after staring, dumbfounded, at the apparent violation by the vendor of their own rules, I set myself the challenge of resolving the situation before proceeding any further.

Considering the fact that this equipment is going to be living in this packaging for 90+% of the time (maybe 99+%) AND the fact that we are not supposed to be bending the microphones EVER, it's just crazy that they need to be bent to be able to put them in storage!

Fixing the problem took a little figuring, trying and re-trying of a bunch of different layouts, but I finally got things arranged in the packaging to my liking.  In the end I was quite pleased with the result.  No longer were the antennas being bent at crazy angles to fit in the packaging, and I also got that feeling of satisfaction that you get when you move the needle on something from LESS RIGHT to MORE RIGHT.

HELP A MAKER OUT?
==================
Did you see anything in this video that you want for yourself?  If you did, please use one of the links below to buy it from amazon.com.  If you do, I get a small commission and encouragement, both of which help me in my career as a YouTube creator.

BILL OF MATERIALS
=================
NASUM UHF Wireless Headset Microphone/Lavalier Lapel Mic with Bodypack Transmitter and Mini Rechargeable Receiver 1/4" Output

https://amzn.to/391dSTn


No comments:

Post a Comment