Monday, January 13, 2020

**SHOCKING** Rear Shocks Refurb!

Shock Absorber Clinic (Terrible Condition!)
==================================

In this video I remove the rear shocks on EZ-RIDER and do my best to get as much rust off of them as possible.  The rust was pretty bad and it took quite a long time with a steel brush and also a moto-tool with a steel brush attachment to get them even reasonable looking.  In the end I was pretty pleased, though.

TOP TIP:  Do NOT remove both shock absorbers from the bike at the same time if you are going to work on them.  If you do, the bike will immediately *collapse* because there is nothing holding the swingarm in tension with the frame.  Thank god my fingers were not in the way when I did this particular fix, because I would not be typing today if they were!

(The next thing I want to do with these shocks is polish the springs once again, and then paint the pistons FLAT BLACK and see how the contrast looks!)


Help a Maker Out?
==============
Did you see anything in this video you want for yourself?  If the answer is yes, consider using one of the link(s) below to buy it directly from amazon.com.  When you do, I get a small commission that keeps me going!


Bill of Materials
===========
WD-40 Multi-Use Product Non-Aerosol Trigger Pro Spray. 20 oz. [1-Pack]
https://amzn.to/30h2nmN



No comments:

Post a Comment