Friday, December 27, 2019

How I **HACKED** My Ultra Cool SPY HAT!

In this video, I go over how I have customized my SPY HAT to make it even more covert, robust and useful!

1)  I installed a 32Gb micro SD card
2)  I installed VELCRO on the second internal flap
3) I darkened the camera ring with a permanent marker
4) I installed a 45-degree adapter to the USB connector
5) I installed a pin to the hat to distract from the camera ring

Future hacks include:

6) Installing more pins to further distract from the camera ring
7) Installing a higher capacity battery for more recording time
8) Figuring out how to remove day/time stamp from the videos

So far, hacking the hat has been a lot of fun!  I look forward to further extending its capabilities and seeing what kind of footage I can get by using it in the field!

I think it's going to be a complete blast (and revelation) to show people where I go and what I have to do to acquire gear to fix!  You'd be amazed at how people are reluctant to let JUNK go - either because they want too much money for it, or they feel guilty selling something that's BROKEN to someone.  

People can be so completely unreasonable and irrational - and that's half the fun!  Life would be so boring if it wasn't so strange!

HELP A MAKER OUT?
=================
Do you see anything in this video you want?  If you do, please use the link below to buy it directly from amazon.com.  When you do, I get a small commission that encourages me to continue as a YouTube Creator.

BILL OF MATERIALS:
=================
RecorderGear HC100 HD 1080P Hidden Spy Camera Hat/Surveillance Body Worn Camera/Professional Grade
https://amzn.to/34PGxrd

Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Full-Size Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)
https://amzn.to/34SG5Zo

Sharpie Extreme Permanent Markers, Black, 4-Count
https://amzn.to/2sUju1c

Chic Master Set #1 of 12 National Flag Badge Button Pin Pinbacks (Better)
https://amzn.to/2sWM2Y1


No comments:

Post a Comment