Monday, December 30, 2019

My Wife **PIRATED** My Demo Battery!


My Wife **PIRATED** My Demo Battery!


I was so pleased with myself..little did I know what was going to happen! 

Having just completed the preliminaries for a battery demonstration, I was foolish enough to show my new toy to Mrs. Maker! The "toy" in question was a series of batteries taped to individual pieces of paper with both their model numbers and their voltages, or state of charge clearly noted.  My intention was to use them to show people how to measure battery voltages, and what the different voltages meant. But, like I said, silly me! Mr. Maker took one look at my teaching aid and said "My car door fob isn't working". 

Silly me!  How could I not have known?  After years of marriage, I have determined that a simple statement of fact on the part of my wife actually means she wants me to DO something, and usually that something runs along the lines of "Please stop futzing around with the [fun thing] you are playing with and go fix the [boring thing]." 
Luckily, in this case, I was able to integrate my original BATTERY DEMO presentation into a KEYLESS CAR DOOR FOB BATTERY CHANGE demonstration, and record the whole thing! 

This helped me to complete MY "more fun thing" while fixing the "less fun thing".  It was a win-win!
 



I can't thank this VLOGGING stuff enough!  It enables me to re-approach things that aren't that much fun - and make them a LOT more fun by turning them into a tutorial! 

It's helping me get much more done, because it's such a great motivator!


HELP THE MAKER OUT?


Did you see anything in this video that you want for yourself? If yes, please use one of the link(s) below to buy it directly from amazon.com, because if you do, I get a small (but very encouraging) commission!



VIDEO BILL OF MATERIALS


Duracell - 2032 3V Lithium Coin Battery - Long Lasting Battery - 2 Count (CR2032)
https://amzn.to/35VNCYN

4-Pack Energizer 3 Volt Lithium Button Battery for Directed Electronics 598t Remote Control Transmitters and Other Uses (CR2025)
https://amzn.to/399FPII

UNI-T UT33A+ UT33B+ UT33C+ UT33D+ Digital Multimeter AC DC Voltage Current Resistance +2mF Capacitance NCV Tester with LCD Backlight (UT33C+)
https://amzn.to/2MunVGO



No comments:

Post a Comment